Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the Rappahannock
P.O. Box 1266, White Stone, VA 22578
Facility Use Administrator: (804) 438-6412
FACILITY USE AGREEMENT
POLICY AND PROCEDURES FOR FACILITY USE
PURPOSE: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the Rappahannock (UUFR) provides facilities for use by non-profit groups and community activities, such as private and public meetings, cultural and social events, physical activities (e.g., Yoga), non-partisan political forums and charitable benefits, and other uses for member, community and private purposes, subject to the policies and procedures governing the use of those facilities.
FACILITY DESCRIPTION: The following areas of the facility and grounds can be made available for use:
Sanctuary (capacity 60 ) Includes: Access to stackable chairs, Audio/Visual system, piano, folding tables
Fellowship Hall (capacity_80 ) Includes: Access to stackable chairs, Audio/Visual system, folding tables
Entire Building (capacity 140 ) Consists of the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall
Deck (capacity 30 ): Available as part of the use of the above spaces
Restrooms (2): Available as part of the use of the above spaces, and includes handicap access
Kitchen: Available as part of the use of the above spaces. Includes: Access to microwave, stove, and refrigerator. If renter chooses to use disposable items (plates, utensils, etc.) they must furnish them
Grounds: UUFR property surrounding the entire building, including the playground. Renter to specify if they want to use the area as part of their event or long term rental
Permission to use the facility for other than UUFR Programs or Congregational events is arranged with the Facility Use Administrator, as directed by the Board of Stewards of the UUFR (the Board) or the committee responsible for facility use, in accordance with policies set by the Board. UUFR reserves the right to decline reservations for any applicant. UUFR reserves the right to cancel existing reservations and to refuse future reservations to groups who fail to abide by the policies and procedures or to groups/individual’s whose originally stated purpose appears to be altered, inconsistent or no longer valid. Priority is given to UUFR-related functions (including weddings and memorial services for members and their relatives). All other reservations will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Setup and cleanup time must be included in the Facility Reservation. All activities for those 18 years of age and under must have a responsible adult supervisor named in the Facility Use Agreement present at all times during use of the facilities. The Facility Use Agreement must be signed by the person who is financially responsible for that group or event, and the person or group shall be financially liable for the full extent of any damage incurred during use.
UUFR reserves the right to close due to weather conditions or other conditions deemed hazardous to staff or users. UUFR will attempt to notify renters of closures due to weather. Please call (202) 805-0966 for any inclement weather closing information. UUFR is not responsible for ice and snow removal but may accomplish that as part of its own activities. UUFR may make ice and snow removal arrangements with long term renters. If a renter cancels for reasons other than weather or other hazardous conditions the following refund policy will apply:
- If cancellation occurs less than two weeks prior to the event, 50% of the deposit is returned.
- If cancellation occurs between two weeks and 30 days prior to the event, 75% of the deposit is returned.
- If cancellation occurs more than 30 days before the event, 100% of the deposit is returned.
In the event UUFR cancels the reservation a full refund will be made.
Our facility is NOT available to groups that advocate the use of violence, or discriminate explicitly or implicitly against any race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. UUFR, its officers and members will be held harmless from legal activities resulting from use of the UUFR facility/property. The premises must be vacated by the time indicated on the Facility Use Agreement. The latest time to vacate is 11 P.M. unless special arrangements have been made. Sunday rentals are available after 4:00 PM. Access to the facility before and after an event will be on a case-by-case basis and will be arranged with the Facility Use Administrator well in advance of the event(s), and access information (or responsibility) must not be shared with other persons. Users must comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws while using UUFR facilities. No conduct or activity is allowed which constitutes a public nuisance or embarrassment to the UUFR. Illegal drugs may not be used on the premises, Immediately notify the Facility Use Administrator of any dangerous conditions found by calling (202) 805-0966. Smoking is not permitted in the facility or on the decks. Please step outside if you need to smoke, take precautions not to start a fire, and be sure to take your cigarette butts with you. Please note regarding weddings: throwing rice is not allowed on premises due to environmental considerations and cleaning difficulties. Alcoholic beverages are limited to beer and wine and use must conform to state and local laws. UUFR policy requires that whenever alcoholic beverages are served on UUFR premises, non-alcoholic beverages must be provided also. The sponsoring group must be identified in all publicity, including notices of the event, posters, fliers, press releases, etc., and include a statement that UUFR is not a sponsor of the usage. The UUFR phone number may not be used on flyers or other publicity.
FACILITY CONDITION & FURNISHINGS:
No UUFR equipment, furnishings and supplies may be removed from the facility. Use of the UUFR musical instruments and audio/visual systems must be arranged with the Facility Use Administrator. Setup and cleanup are the responsibility of the user. Any damages to UUFR facilities are the responsibility of the applicant. If UUFR incurs any expense, including but not limited to costs of clean up, or replacement or repair for damaged items, and expenses for compelling compliance with the responsibility to cover repair costs, the applicant shall be responsible to reimburse the UUFR for such costs.
RENTAL RATE: (see attached Facility Usage Fees at end of this document)
- Rental rates will be per the UUFR Facility Usage Fees specified in the schedule. Long Tern rental is defined as a minimum commitment of four rentals per year. For Long Term renters that generate income by fees, ticket sales or donations the rate will be 15% of the gross receipts, where applicable. UUFR reserves the right to specify an annual minimum fee to be paid and to charge the greater of that amount or the 15% of the gross receipts from fees, ticket sales or donations, where applicable.
- A refundable security deposit is required to secure the reservation and must be paid at the time the Facility Use Agreement request is approved. The security deposit will be returned after inspection of the premises following the event, minus any cost for repair of damages or extra cleaning required or expenses for compelling compliance with the responsibility to cover repair costs, as a result of the event.
- All rentals require a non-refundable custodial fee of $20, which is to be paid with the usage fee.
- For all One Time use rentals, the full usage fee and custodial fee are due and payable two weeks prior to the date of the event. All Long Term usage fees are due monthly by the 5th of the following month and custodial fees are due and payable with the first monthly usage fee payment.
- Rental fees and deposit are submitted by separate checks payable to “Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the Rappahannock” and can be mailed to P.O. Box 1266, White Stone, VA 22578 or given to the Facility Use Administrator by prior arrangement.
PROVISIONS FOR WAIVER:
Fee waivers are available to Non-profit organizations upon request, and will be at the discretion of UUFR.
USE BY MEMBERS OF UUFR:
- There will be no charge or security deposit for the use of the facility for UUFR-sponsored events, including religious services, weddings and wedding receptions, child dedications and memorial services for members and/or their immediate families. However, the waiver of the deposit is not a waiver of liability for any damage incurred in use.
- Discounts are available for private parties hosted by UUFR members. This applies to personal non-religious events such as birthday parties, etc. The rental discount for this type of event is 20%. A Facility Use Agreement, full deposits and custodial fees, and use of the Facility Check Out list are still required.
- If a member is representing an outside group that plans to rent the facility, a Facility Use Agreement is required, regular deposits and rental fees apply, and the Facility Check Out list is also required.
|Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the Rappahannock
|(See “FACILITY DESCRIPTION” in POLICY AND PROCEDURES FOR FACILITY USE)
|Facility Usage Fees
|Cost (Up to 2hrs)
|15% of the gross receipts to be paid monthly
|15% of the gross receipts to be paid monthly
|15% of the gross receipts to be paid monthly
|40% deposit required with an Approved Facility Use Agreement for rentals, excluding Long-Term With Income
|Facility Usage Fee plus $20 non-refundable custodial fee payable at least two weeks prior to the date of the event
|* UUFR reserves the right to assign an annual minimum fee (where applicable) and to charge the greater of 15% of gross receipts or an annual minimum.